Blogloving

And then everything changed

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015

The 10 Best and Worst Couples of TV Histroy

I love TV shows! But who doesn't? What I love most about TV series is that in contrary to a movie they have the oppurtunity to invest a lot of time and energy into developping interesting characters who engage in believable and inspiring relationships with each other. A movie is a great way to tell a story. But if you want to learn something about human behaviour over time, go watch a show.

So yes, I am also totally a sucker of good matching TV couples. And with good matching I don't mean that they are equally hot (which is a bonus) but that they make sense, that they proove that real love is possible and that they grow with and through each other.

So here are my 7 favorite and 3 least favorite TV couples!

The 7 Best:

1. Anya and Xander - Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Okay, I have to admit that I'm a bit biased with this one. First, Buffy is my all time favorite show. Second, Anya Jenkins is my abolute favorite character.

But even apart from that, I think that Anya and Xander are a great couple. In Buffy long-lasting relationships are extremely rare but they somehow make it work. They date for almost 3 years and they do love each other unconditionally. I love how the show keeps their relationship in the background for most times, just potraying it as a constant in the ever changing world and now and then they throw in a heart breaking scene which makes you want to believe in true love.

Anya is absolutely adorable and Xander is the only one who can see it. I love how they build a team which noone else is allowed to enter.

2. Marshall and Lily - How I met your Mother


This one shouldn't come as a surprise. I mean come one, they're basically the perfect couple! To be honest I was always someone who thought that you should get some experience first before you settle down but those two have only been intimate with each other and they're absolutely happy. They taught me that when it's the one then all the rules and games are pointless because you just want to spend your life with that person.

Ted once says, that they're great pickers because they picked each other. And he's right. They are scarily similar but not so much that they start to hate each other. They're incredibly cute and most importantly they are forever.

3. Monica and Chandler - Friends


It's funny how I only started to like these two characters, when they started dating because man, they work well together! Noone would have expected it but Monica becomes a little more relaxed and less neurotic because Chandler is basically the perfect partner, endlessly passionate and always supporting her no matter what (it's really funny, because before he got together with Monica I thought he was this stupid macho guy). And Chandler starts to let go of his insecurities and becomes stronger because Monica always pushes him to be a better version of himself.

Kudos to the friends writing team for making these two work!

4. Summer and Seth - O.C., California


O.C. was basically my youth and to be in a relationship like Summer and Seth one day was what I've aspired to. That they made each other better is no question. Summer developped from a selfish and superficial girl to a politically active and sensitive woman. Seth was once a shy nerd and then became someone who goes after what he wants.

I love how they keep fighting for each other and never give up because this is the true secret to lifelong love.

5. Howard and Bernadette - Big Bang Theory


This is another case where I only started liking a character because he started dating someone. I couldn't have cared less for Howard (this weird pervert) before Bernadette came along. Who would have thought that he makes such a cute and caring boyfriend? And Bernadette is simply adorable. She's so tiny and cute and at the same time she will always stand up for herself and speak her mind. I love that!

6. Turk and Carla - Scrubs


They are absolutely perfect for each other. I was always a fan of relationships which are steady throughout the complete series and Turk and Carla are such an example. They are proof that sometimes it might actually work out. Sometimes, if it's meant to be, it's easy. It's really nice to see a well functioning relationship once in a while. This is how life is supposed to be.

7. Elena and Damon - The Vampire Diaries


Okay if I played the "Which one doesn't fit" game with this list, Elena and Damon would be it. They are not exactly what you call a healthy couple and they don't really make each other better. In contrary. Through Damon Elena becomes a lot darker and meaner. And to be honest, I love it! I'm a complete fan of the new Elena because this Elena is interesting and she's a person who actually fits to Damon pretty well.

I mean, come on, if you want to watch a show about good people, Vampire Diaries is the last show you should watch. Basically every character of this show is devious. But that's the fun of it. Noones perfect and yes, Elena and Damon are in fact equally hot.

The 3 Worst:

1. Ross and Rachel - Friends


Yes, unlike every other person I've ever met, I hate Ross and Rachel. I don't hate them individually (though I'm not a big fan of Ross, I really like Rachel) but I deeply believe that they are an aweful couple.

I mean come on, all the times they broke up, they lied to each other, they hurt each other and -the worst- all the times they gave up on each other. Honestly, if they can't make it work in 10 years, they will never make it work. Even love is not that blind.

2. Ted and Robin - How I met your Mother


The only thing that comes close to the uncompatibility of Ross and Rachel are Ted and Robin. I do love both of these characters. I love Ted's dedication to romance and his soft side. I love Robin's unstoppable ambitiousness and how strong she is. But they are the absolute worst match in the universe. How can a person who would do everything for love be with someone who's not even willing to make the smallest compromises for her partner? They can't.

3. Barney and Robin - How I met your Mother


This is a funny one. From the very beginning of the show, I rooted for them because I thought they would make a perfect couple. They're basically the same person! I always thought that they would be awesome together like best friends, them against the world.

But then they started dating and it was aweful. Turns out they're too similar, too selfish, too playing, too awesome that all their energy combined blew up right in their faces.

Hmm, I'm starting to think that Robin and anyone else might always be a bad couple. It's just too hard to find a person strong enough to hold a wild bird like Robin. I love Robin but realistically the love stuff would just not be for her.

What are the best and worst couple in TV history in your eyes? Leave a comment.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen