Blogloving

And then everything changed

Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2017

Do it with passion. Or: Why Lalaland made my soul sing

Last weekend I watched Lalaland and considering that I already heard so many great things about this movie and was convinced that it just can't go wrong, I was not suprised that I liked it. What I was suprised by, is how much I liked it. How I loved it. And why.

Sure I'm a sucker for muicals, I loved the singing and (especially) the dancing. The main actors where fantastic and the love story was cute but honest. But none of this was what made Lalaland stand out to me. Lalaland was extraordinary because of its message: Follow your dreams. Live your passions. No matter what you have to sacrifice for it. No matter how many times you fail, keep going, and eventually you'll get there.

My favorite scene was when Ryan Gosling tried to convince Emma Stone to stop hating jazz. It touched me so much how passionate he was about jazz because this is what life is all about. No, not about jazz, but about passion. No matter if you love music or acting or books or football or flowers or the sound snow makes when you walk in it the first time - be passionate about it. Be weird. Freak out about it. Tell everyone how awesome it is. Celebrate it. This is the whole secret of happiness: Do it with passion.

Ryan Gosling's character loved jazz so much that it was essential to his surviving. It was the one thing he couldn't live without. He just couldn't stand to watch it disappear because he deeply believed that the world would be a worse place without jazz. If you love something as much as he loves jazz, then you're doing it right.

So here's to the ones who dream:


2 Kommentare:

  1. I can't wait to see this movie! I have heard sooo many good things about it and I also love musicals lol

    AntwortenLöschen